Attend DEI-related events
Visit the DEI Events page to identify a wide range of events and programs across campus for students, staff and faculty, including speakers, workshops, performances and more.DEI Events Page
Join a group
Search the Maize Pages, to identify DEI-related student groups or consider starting a new group. The University of Michigan offers hundreds of student organizations, including groups that support social justice, advocacy, identity groups and diversity, equity and inclusion-related issues. Or use the The Campus Involvement Center DEI Toolkit to infuse DEI practices and values into any student group.
Staff and Faculty:
Some of the groups available to support faculty and staff include:
- Women of Color Task Force
- Council for Disability Concerns
- Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) Task Force
- Women of Color in the Academy Project
- Inclusive Campus Collaborative
- Diversity Scholars Network
- LGBTQ Staff Group at U-M and U-M LGBTQ Faculty Alliance
- Network to Advance Faculty of Color
Consult or join a DEI advisory group:
- U-M Student Life Student Advisory Boards
- Voices of the Staff
- Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Student Advisory Planning Group (SAPG)
Each year the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion prompts students to apply to join the SAPG and provide input and assistance with the planning for the annual Diversity Summit and to assist with communications and promotions for the event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Chief Diversity Officer Student Advisory Board
A group of U-M students who who meet with and provide ideas and feedback to the Chief Diversity Officer. Contact email@example.com for additional information.
- Chief Diversity Officer Faculty Advisory Board
A group of U-M faculty members who meet with and provide ideas and feedback to the Chief Diversity Officer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Participate in professional development
There are many programs and offices that provide DEI-related education and training to deepen your understanding and strengthen your capacity to advance DEI, including:
Connect with DEI Leads
Each school, college or unit with a DEI strategic plan (50 total) has one or more designated DEI Leads. Find your DEI Lead here. DEI Leads guide and support DEI strategic plan implementation and serve as resources for members of their community, while acting as a liaison between their school, college or unit and the university Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office.